Just got back from the beach..which was our favorite place, our favorite time of day and where I scattered Jim’s ashes. I was gifted a beautiful sunrise as I remember my beautiful husband on day 730 .. his 2nd Angelversary….I wanted to share some of my moments with y’all. I felt peace and gratitude for the life we were gifted.
It’s been two years now, since he was called home.
This journey has been bittersweet. I made it through all the firsts. I heard the stories that year two could be even worst then the first…….I was determined I wasn’t going to allow that to be part of my story.
As 2018 rolled in, I promised myself and Jim it was going to be my year. I feel
I’ve kept that promise. I’ve stepped out of my comfort zones. Driving (those who know me well KNOW what a big accomplishment that is!) Attended my first writing workshop sharing my words and thoughts with accomplished writers as well as putting out there that I want and Need to put my book together. And by joining a Meetup Widow/Widowers group, I’m now connected with amazing women and men who not only fully understand this journey of widowhood, I’m forging new friendships…….and what else has year two taught me?
The truth is, my truth is, I hold the pencil, and I write my story….
So, while life doesn’t necessarily get better
It does continue to grow different each day (and that’s a good thing)
And the choice is mine on how I choose to live it…
What I choose
Is to live it and find my purpose.
What I choose
Is to look out and see all that is beautiful.
What I choose
Is to live a life of Hope…
All the while
Thanking God every day for the gift of loving Jim
and his loving me,
and the adventure that was the life we shared.
For the memories we made.
Until we meet again husband, I will continue to live my life out loud
And make you proud. This is how I Choose to Live.
Day 4’s writing assignment is to take a photo and use it as your writing prompt. I chose to write a quote and then share some background on the photograph I’d taken.
“Even amongst the giants one can stand out. We are all unique and have something special to share. Don’t be dwarfed. Stand tall, stand proud, and let your Inner Light Shine.” ~Linda~
This photograph presented itself to me early one morning last fall while visiting my children. I loved how the light seemed to search out and find the smaller of the trees. And once it was given it’s ‘spotlight’, it totally lit up the forest. I could almost hear it saying “I may not be as big as you other trees…yet, but I sure do have something to offer. Now give me room ’cause I’ve got some growing and shining to do!”
I think we all have felt ‘small’ at some time in our lives, I know I have. Low self esteem and no self confidence has a way of doing that to a person. It took me a long time to really wrap my head around the fact that I was giving control of how I felt and was feeling to others. Once I figured it out, once I started taking back the control, there was no turning back. And you know what…I Really like shining my light!!!! ☀️☀️
As a quote lover and collector, I decided to compile a list of some of my favorites. In no particular order………….
“Quotes are signs we put on our map to navigate through the journey called “life”
- “Beauty is the illumination of your soul.”
- “I have learnt that no matter what, we are all remarkably beautiful in our own unique ways, and that no one has the right to make us feel otherwise.”~Zoe Q.~
- “I find that as I grow older, I long more for silence and solitude, not so much to withdraw from the world, but to strengthen… I am just as much an essential part of this great tapestry when I am sitting alone — creating, dreaming, wondering, breathing and feeling, as I am when I am integrated with the world — living, connecting and sharing. We grow when we are apart and we learn when we are together” ~Joy~
- “With the clock inevitably ticking, I’ve decided to live the most awesomely enriched life that I can create for myself. Why the heck not make the most of this incredible gift of life? I am here for a good time, not a long time.” ~PS~”
- “What is that feeling when you’re driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? – it’s the too-huge world vaulting us, and it’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”
~Jack Kerouac, On the Road~
- “Let your mind start a journey thru a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be…Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you’ll live as you’ve never lived before.” ~Erich Fromm~
- “Our lives are not as limited as we think they are; the world is a wonderfully weird place; consensual reality is significantly flawed; no institution can be trusted, but love does work; all things are possible; and we all could be happy and fulfilled if we only had the guts to be truly free and the wisdom to shrink our egos and quit taking ourselves so damn seriously.”
- “May I wonder and wander through life, witnessing energy in the sun beams, relaxation in the ocean waves, trust in the steadfast growth of trees, love in the rich colors of wildflowers, and openness in the expanse of the sky. May I embody nature as nature embodies the truth of life—to be open, loving, trusting, and relaxed is to be fully awake and alive.” ~UK~
- “She’s a dreamer, a soul searcher and a wanderer. She drifts along, deep in thought, her mind craving exploration and her eyes telling tales of mysterious adventures.” ~UK~
“Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.” ~ Native American Saying~
(Took this on Saturday..a cloud feather) Every day there is something to be thankful for, even something as simple as fluffy white clouds in the sky………
bright blue sky
cloud like a feather
floats on by